Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Fixing the Exhaust Leak

  My four wheeler has had an exhaust leak for quite some time now and just in the last several weeks it has gotten progressively worse. So not having anything else to do I went and moved the four wheeler into the garage so I could take the exhaust off of it and fix the problem.
  So having moved it into the garage I went and took that white piece of plastic off so that I could work on it a little bit better.

  So as you can tell it obviously has had an exhaust leak for some time because everything is coated in oil. So I went and got the tools I needed and started working on it.

  After getting all the tools I needed I went and took the exhaust pipe off and started cleaning it.

  So as you can tell even the exhaust pipe had oil on it so I got out the good old brake cleaner and several rags and cleaned it all off. The engine block was also ridiculously dirty.

  So I cleaned it off the best I could and then went and put the new seal into the exhaust pipe and tightened it back on.

                          
  So with it all done I started it and looked to see if it sealed up properly. It did and was much, much more quite then before. 
  Well once again a job well done and that's all for this one and I'll catch you on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment